MariaDB issues (or maybe Docker issue)

Not quite sure if this is the fault of the MariaDB container, or of the implementation of Docker itself, but I've found a strange issue that happens if the appdata folder that holds the database files happens to move.

I'm using the extended Docker configuration plugin to manage everything.

And, before anyone asks, I do NOT have any of the logs at this moment, and now that I've figured out what my issue was, I'm not going to be going to breaking it on purpose anytime soon.

When I first installed mariaDB, it was working fine for me.  I could use mySQL workbench to connect and create users, etc for XBMC, and XBMC would also connect no problems.

The next day, nothing was working for me. It turned out that somehow (probably my fault), mover had moved some of the files over to the main array and left others on the cache drive.  I figured, no problems, just remove the containers for CP, SAB, SB, maria and start over again, after ensuring the appdata folder stayed on the cache.

Well, CP, SAB, SB worked no problems.  However, maria would not allow me to connect at all.  No matter how much I messed with it, I couldn't connect to it.  Reformat the cache drive, and set it all back up, and it was working again.

Then, I noticed that no matter what I couldn't stop the array.  Something was always keeping the cache drive mounted.  After much head scratching, I found that all of the folders I was passing through to all of my containers were of the form: "mnt/cache/appdata/..."  once I changed it to "mnt/user/appdata/..."  I could then stop the array.  However, maria stopped working at that point, even though only the folder name passed to it changed, but the actual folder was the same.

Mess around some more, throw some things at the monitor, and just couldn't make it work.  So, I installed the maria container onto my other server.  It worked pefectly.  Then I noticed that I never created the appdata share in advance, so it actually wound up going onto the array.  Stop everything, fix the share, delete the containers, set it back up, and I couldn't connect at all...

I finally just deleted the docker folder, and started everything again, and lo and behold maria is working again.

Like I said, I didn't save any of the logs, but as I recall, nothing *seemed* out of the ordinary, but if I get bored, I will maybe try and setup another system to capture a system, but quite frankly, I am sick and tired of recreating the database over and over again, so I'm not going to touch my production systems again now that they are working.

As an aside, in the middle of all of this, I also tried forgoing the docker plugin and running maria from the shell, and the same stuff was happening.