Think I found a bug in Beta software - anyone else see this?

Okay, I just had the opportunity to swap out 3 disks for larger ones. My Parity and two data drives were both swapped out for larger ones. Two 400Gig drives were added and one 300Gig drive was added. Each step required me to pull an old drive, put in new drive, build parity or build the drive. Instructions say to do this by stopping, swapping, and restarting. The reality is though that upon starting the new drive you WILL get a failure. The system will attempt to write 65 times to the new drive and it WILL error out 65 times and disable the drive.

The first time this occured I thought a cable was loose. That was a few days ago. Then last night I began adding in these new drives and moving my old parity into data use and every single time I fired up the array with a new drive in it, checked the little button, and started the expansion process the drive would FAIL. I would then have to stop the array, unplug the drive, start the array with a drive missing, stop the array, plug the drive back in, start the array - now it starts fine.

I really did think it was a bad connection the first time, even the second maybe, but after doing this a total of 4 times with three of them pretty much back to back with me being VERY careful I think it's safe to say there's a bug. One that can be worked aorund for sure and doesn't cause problems but it is a real PITA when you have o wait for 7+ drives to mount before stopping the array a few times!

Anyone else spotted this?

That's happened to me every time I've tried to enlarge a drive, using the old software.  So it isn't anything specific to the beta.

There's a thread about it here: http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=20.0

Honestly if that was the same error I couldn't make heads nor tails of it from the writeup you linked. <shrug> I do remember seeing a similiar error once before with the older software while swapping a drive but it was a good little while ago and I think I wrote it off as a loose cable. This one was pretty repeatable though!

Tonight I spun up an old Parity drive in a new slot. Seemed a bit odd the way it came up as it found the new drive, offered to zero it, and then later when I came back I had to do a format. Not sure if everything worked out normally as it's also been awhile since a brand new slot was filled (lol) but at least I didn't have to pullcables and go through multiple power cycles which was VERY nice. I may be adding a few more drives soon (about to max out) so I'll pay closer attention with those. This latest one was an old Parity drive being swapped out so perhaps there was something about it - dunno' and not worried but will take notes next time.

P.S. Had a 300Gig Maxtor fail as a Parity drive after about a week's worth of use. That seemed awful odd but I pulled it and put it on the shelf, replaced it with a Seagate. I finally got around to checking it's warranty date - 11/06 despite my only having used it a week and purchased it maybe two months ago. Ran their diag utility asnd sure enough - it's TOAST and being replaced under warranty. Need to test the other drive that unRAID reported as bad - long out of warranty and alsoa Maxtor, want to bet it's dead too? Really not liking Maxtor these days and Seagate is giving 5 year warranties...