New Replacement Mobo?

So I was away for a weekend and I returned to find my unnraid powered off. I tried to turn it back on and I don't get any signal through the VGA or Ethernet. Also, I can't even hold down the power button to turn it off. I have to unplug it. So I'm figuring the mobo died.

I was running an Asus P5B-VM DO, but I can't find a new replacement anymore. They're all used or refurb. I'd prefer to replace with something new for reliability sake. Does anyone have a solid recommendation on a board I can buy new that will still have the same number of sata ports and be able to run without a separate video card? Preferably one where I could keep my CPU, but I could buy a new one if needed.

Thanks.

You will not find a single "new" board that supports your CPU since it is LGA 775, and even if you do the price is not likely to be attractive at all. Either go current gen parts or used.

...speaking of used, I am selling a Gigabyte P35-DS3R that checks off all your boxes for CPU, SATA, etc. It doesn't have on board video but I am selling the video card with it that I used (HD5450 silent card).

I'm located near Toronto, Canada, if you're interested.

So I was away for a weekend and I returned to find my unnraid powered off. I tried to turn it back on and I don't get any signal through the VGA or Ethernet. Also, I can't even hold down the power button to turn it off. I have to unplug it. So I'm figuring the mobo died.

I was running an Asus P5B-VM DO, but I can't find a new replacement anymore. They're all used or refurb. I'd prefer to replace with something new for reliability sake. Does anyone have a solid recommendation on a board I can buy new that will still have the same number of sata ports and be able to run without a separate video card? Preferably one where I could keep my CPU, but I could buy a new one if needed.

Thanks.

Get a multimeter and check the voltage output of the power supply.  That would be my first guess not motherboard.

Its probably putting out power but not enough to power anything up.

merlyn