[SOLVED] Parity Upgrade Stuck in Loop

I'm upgrading my parity drive from 2T to 4T.  I ran a couple preclears on the drive in a separate machine first.

Stopped the array.

Unassigned the drive and powered down.

Removed existing parity and installed new drive in same slot.

Powered up and assigned new drive as parity.

Started array and let it rebuild new parity.

When finished, ran a check to confirm parity.  All green balls.

Tried to access files from Windows box and couldn't connect to Tower.

Rebooted unraid server.  Still could not connect to tower to see files.

Checked the drives via gui and it tells me the parity drive is wrong.  It still references the old drive??

So I start over again, unassign the new drive and go through all the steps again.  The same thing happens. 

After rebuilding the new parity, and any kind of reboot, it still thinks the old smaller parity drive should be installed and gives me an error.

Just had a thought, as soon as it starts to rebuild parity on the new drive, I get a network failure error, I don't remember the exact words.  Could it be failing to write the new drive id to the configuration file on the USB??  I had been refreshing the web page and everything looks normal while it starts the rebuilding the parity.

Any ideas??  I'm currently rebuilding the parity on the new drive for the third time, but I don't expect the results to be any different.

I've attached a log...of interest to me are:

Oct 26 11:42:23 Tower kernel: write_file: error 30 opening /boot/config/super.dat

Oct 26 11:42:23 Tower kernel: md: could not write superblock from /boot/config/super.dat

Oct 26 11:42:26 Tower kernel: write_file: error 30 opening /boot/config/super.dat

Oct 26 11:42:26 Tower kernel: md: could not write superblock from /boot/config/super.dat

Any help would be appreciated.

Oops, version 5.0.5.

syslog-2014-10-26.txt

chkdsk says:

\config\secrets.tdb fist allocation unit is not valid.

Ran chkdsk /f.  It apparently deleted the file, I couldn't find it or a found folder.  Restarted unraid.  Reassigned drive. Started array. It started the Parity-Sync, then I got the msg "The connection was reset" again.  Although I can now see my shares.  So that much is fixed.  I guess I'll let the parity finish building and go from there.  A quick check of the log file didn't reveal any errors.  I'll cross my fingers.

Thanks for the reply mr-hexen.

Update...

Unraid rebuilt new parity drive, I didn't check it decided to use it since the first of the month was just a couple of days away.

It completed the monthy check this am with no errors.

I added a new 3TB data drive, after preclear, formatted, and now I'm filling it.

Whew, all that anxiety over a corrupted file on the stick.

All is well.  Thanks for a great product.  :)