Trying Acronis tru Image home out

I've been using this for a long time to migrate os drive to ssd, or just backup OS drive or other partitions. I use 2009, for my first time today I tried making an image strait to the cache drive on UNRAID it executed pretty quickly. I made a bootable dvd and now im in process of restoring and all seems to be great. I tried it once before but didn't have enough space on server for all my homes pc's. Now I have space as well as gigabit in all rooms now.

My question is now could I get any benefit from using network bonding? My brother and father were also streaming on my network at the same time. I tried bonding once before and didn't notice much but was before I read that it wont make my network fast as it, is like adding another lane of traffic on a road, still capped at same speed limit. Correct me if im wrong please.

I read that it wont make my network fast as it, is like adding another lane of traffic on a road, still capped at same speed limit. Correct me if im wrong please.

You are correct.

Although I've yet to try it. Just got one of the HP Gen 8 Micro Server and matching switch. I may try this to see if it's worth while.

It may add more throughput if:

1. The server (unRAID?) is able to deliver the read rate for 2 GB NICs.

2. All the switches along the road support LACP of course.

3. The bonding (link aggregation) is done up to the last switch where it finally will split up to each client.

4. The read/stream has to be from different clients (or a client that is also connected via LACP)

In an architecture with 1 switch, 2 clients and 1 server:

You are basically connecting the server to the switch with 2 ethernet cables and split to each client.

So each client is virtually directly wired to the server.

is like adding another lane of traffic on a road, still capped at same speed limit.

This would increase the throughput of the road!

The major issue I see is #1

A single GB NIC can almost max out the read rate of the server...