Odd issue with /boot

Today I noticed that my unmenu is no longer working.  I SSH to the box and try to restart it and it all seems to be gone!

When I hit my unMenu in a browser I see this:

e

</BODY></HTML>

That's it.  So I try to re-install unmenu and discover that I can not write any files to /boot. It fact, I've gotten a message that it was FULL.  Another message said "cp: cannot create regular file `/boot/unmenu/unmenu_install': Input/output error"

I also see NOTHING in the /boot menu.  I fear that my flash drive has taken a crap which means surely my box won't reboot.

Might this be true and if so, what do I need to extract from this running box before I attempt a reboot and possibly replace the flash drive?

Thanks in advance, this community has always come through with great advice.

Mike

Try putting the flash into a PC/Mac and running chkdsk against it to repair any issues found.    Often such an issue is due to some sort of corruption on flash that means it is set to be read-only by unRAID.

It is always a good idea to have a backup of the contents of the flash drive.

Note that if the flash drive really has failed then you will need to contact Limetech with the GUID of a replacement and ask them to transfer over your license as the lciense file is tied to a particular flash drive.  I personally took advanage of the LimeTech promotion of another key for $30 with this sort of failure scenario in mind (as well as allowing me to play with v6 on another system in the short term0.