Can't connect to server from webbrowser

Bobbart

I just setup my unraid box. I am in the process of doing a preclear on my drives. It is currently on step 2. I was able to log into the server using the web browser on a different computer last night with no issues. Tried this morning and I can't. It never connects. Rebooted the router and still nothing. The ethernet port on the server is lit. I can go to network places on my computer and see the flash drive on the server so I know I have a connection. I tried using my server name which I changed and tried the ip address and it will not connect. This is a new build using an asus h87i-plus. Should I be able to access the server during the preclear? Any ideas?

Yes you should be able to use your server when doing a pre-clear.

What version of unRAID are you running.

Can you telent into the server?  If so and and pre-clear is still running and pretty far along, I would let it finish.

You need to post your hardware/syslog.

The following is based on the assumption you are running unRAID v5.x.  If you are running v6.x, disregard everything below.

It sounds you ran out of memory and emhtp was killed off.  The only way to restart it in V5.x is reboot the server.

I run the following from my go script.

# Set UNRAID webserver is never killed off.
pgrep -f "/usr/local/sbin/emhttp" | while read PID; do echo -1000 > /proc/$PID/oom_score_adj; done
# 
# Set SAMBA so shares are never killed off.
pgrep -f "/usr/sbin/smbd" | while read PID; do echo -1000 > /proc/$PID/oom_score_adj; done
#
# Set UNRAID Telnet is never killed off.
pgrep -f "in.telnetd" | while read PID; do echo -1000 > /proc/$PID/oom_score_adj; done
#

I use the following preclear command as I was having similar issues before.  The "sd?" is your drive.  This restricts the memory used in the pre_clear.  It runs slower, but it runs.

./preclear_disk.sh -c 1 -w 32768 -r 32768 -b 1000 /dev/sd?

Archived