Max HDD size running Basic

Using minimum hardware and 1 TB hard drives, you can put together 2TB of protected storage.
I noticed this upon getting ready to test a new unRAID system I'm putting together. Does this still hold true? I do plan on getting the Pro version and would like to test it first on Basic, but I have 4ea. 1.5 TB HDDs and 1ea. 1 TB HDD.  I know I will only be able to start with 3 drives on Basic.

Using minimum hardware and 1 TB hard drives, you can put together 2TB of protected storage.
I noticed this upon getting ready to test a new unRAID system I'm putting together. Does this still hold true? I do plan on getting the Pro version and would like to test it first on Basic, but I have 4ea. 1.5 GB HDDs and 1ea. 1 GB HDD.  I know I will only be able to start with 3 drives on Basic.

To my knowledge, there is no hard drive size limit in unraid basic.  You can install any 3 drives you have to build the initial protected array.

Cheers,

Matt

I noticed this upon getting ready to test a new unRAID system I'm putting together. Does this still hold true? I do plan on getting the Pro version and would like to test it first on Basic, but I have 4ea. 1.5 GB HDDs and 1ea. 1 GB HDD.  I know I will only be able to start with 3 drives on Basic.

That statement was probably written when 1TB drives were the biggest you could purchase, and it is still accurate but not the max array size available today with 3 drives. 

Today you could have three 2TB drives on the "Basic" version and get 4TB of protected storage... (It would be expensive... as 2TB drives are only now coming on the market, but you could do it.)

Joe L.

That is an old page, no longer directly linked on the Lime Technology web site.  The web site is currently being redone, and the new page replacing that one is here.  Would you mind indicating where you found that old link?

There has never been even a hint of limitations based on drive size in unRAID.  I'm sure that particular page was just providing an example of what you could do at the time, as Joe said.  I suppose a note to that effect could be added to the FAQ ("What is the difference between the unRAID licenses?" or "How is unRAID licensed?"), but it seems unnecessary.

Archived