6b6 -> 6b12 Existing BTRFS Cache Pool Migration

Edvard_Grieg

Hi-

I've been using unRaid for quite a while at this point, and usually can find answers via searching, right now though I'm stumped.

I was on 6beta6 where I had configured two 120GB SSDs into a BTRFS Cache pool per the directions on http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=33806.0 which has generally worked fine.  On 6b6 only one cache drive was shown in the GUI, but the size was listed as 240GB which appeared to reflect the pooled drives.  I have the go script updated per the guide to mount the other drive into the pool on each boot.

My Cache drive currently houses my AppData and Docker images.

So I upgraded to 6b12 (just copied xen, bzimage, bzroot over) and right now when I go to the Cache Devices tab I only see 1 slot, and can only select either 'none' or '1' for the number of slots.  The available devices lists both SSD drives, but neither appears to be recognized initially as BTRFS. 

From a command line the go script appears to still be working as I can access /mnt/btrfs/ and all data is still there. 

How do I migrate over these disks (without data loss ideally) to the new format? 

If there is a guide I missed please post a link.

Thank you

So I upgraded to 6b12 (just copied xen, bzimage, bzroot over) and right now when I go to the Cache Devices tab I only see 1 slot, and can only select either 'none' or '1' for the number of slots.
I don't know if this will solve the entire issue, but how many slots do you have assigned for array drives? Perhaps if you reduce that number, the cache slot number might be able to be increased.

Well that was far simpler than I expected- didn't realize there was a total calculation for number of slots.  That allowed me to create 2 slots, added both drives, they were seen as btrfs and seemed to autodetect as expected!

I just got my docker container and image updates based on gfjardim's template repository (is there another that is more centralized, or is the one?)

Relatively painless, thank you for the help!

Edit: One follow-up question, for docker, it loks like 6b12 uses a different mechanism with a separate vm for docker- is that right?  Is that converted automatically or do I need to effectively wipe out my docker setup and start over with new containers etc?

Archived