Need help big time

antron12345

I had a perfect running system using an asrock motherboard amd cpu with 2 gig memory.  I wanted to get something faster and ready fro V6 so I purchased an

asrock 990fx extreme 9

AMD 8 core CPU fx8350

and 16 gig memory

I already had the controller -SUPERMICRO AOC-SASLP-MV8 PCI-Express x4

I didn't change anything on my boot usb drive and when I tried to start the array the system just hangs (freezes) and I cannot do anything put hit the power button.  I removed all the plugins and the system does the same. 

I install V6 on the USB drive and I get the same results when I try to start the array.

Please any help will be great the array is down and im going crazy.

Thank you

Please see the first 3 posts of this thread.  It would be nice to have a baseline syslog where everything appears to be working (even if only a small part of your array is installed), and a syslog where errors or undesirable behavior is occurring.

It's always best when building a new system to test it fully before adding all your drives and controllers.  I assume you have tested (such as long memory tests) that the system worked fine before the UnRAID hardware was added.  If not, you may need to add and remove components, and test until you isolate what component appears to be failing.

I did notice that the sd(x) are different.

That is normal, expected.

I attached the syslog after a reboot.  The array is not started.

I have also attached the system specs from the info button on the web page

Thanks you

Move these two devices that are plugged in to your motherboard to different sata connections:

ST3000DM001-1CH166  Z1F47J81

ST3000DM001-1CH166  Z1F47J7N

There seems to be a driver issue with those two sata connections (maybe something's up with the ASMedia ASM1061 chip powering them) and unRAID is using a PATA driver instead of SATA.

I suspect it may be a BIOS configuration issue.  Make sure that all SATA configuration options are set to AHCI, or at least a native SATA option, not an IDE emulation choice.

Replace the SATA cable to the Seagate 3TB with serial # ending in J7N.  It is showing CRC errors which typically indicate a bad SATA cable.

Motherboard has an Intel gigabit networking chipset, but is currently connecting at only 100mbps.

Archived