Can access web management page, but not telnet

fordfox

My server unfortunately went through an unplanned shutdown.  Turned it back on, assigned drives, and it's building parity again.

However while I can access the web management GUI, telnet just plain isn't connecting.  I tried with Putty on my Win8.1 box and with JuiceSSH on my tablet.  Not really getting much of a helpful message on either program, other than a generic message that leads me to believe that my unraid just isn't responding.

Telnet protocol on port 23, right?

I can find tons of posts where the web fails but telnet is OK.  I'm just the opposite though!  web good, telnet bad

Processes/vars from the webgui are attached.  Syslog was too big to attach here, so here's the pastebin: http://pastebin.com/wKuFBM0R.  Only thing I can think of is to wait for parity sync/build to finish.  Will reply back if that fixes anything.. still 500-some minutes remaining though.

processes.txt

vars.txt

If telnet is failing, then I would think the most likely thing is that the wrong IP address is being used for telnet?  I think you can get the IP address being used via the GUI at Settings->Network?

If your server is set to use DHCP and you have not reserved an IP address against the server MAC address in your router then it can change.  If you are using a fixed IP address, then I cannot think of anything obvious that could cause the symptoms of GUI working and telnet not working.

Archived