Pending Sector will not go away

1. I'm in Canada. Prices suck up here.

I noticed  :)    We did a 2-week across-Canada train trip last summer ... a GREAT vacation that we really enjoyed.    Loved it ... but it was indeed VERY expensive -- cost more than double what we'd spent the month before for a 2-week trip to Europe for a Norwegian Fjords cruise.

2. I dont want to spend that much money at this time :)

Understand => in that case I'd go with the 256GB SSD if you're sure that's enough space for your cache drive;  or the 3TB WD Red if you have any doubts about the capacity being enough.

I'm currently sporting the 2TB Green drive and its got all of 50GB used. This drive DOES contain downloads that are inprogress or yet to be post-processed so capacity needs to handle that volume as well. Being said, I rarely D/L more than 15gb in 24 hours.

All shares are set to not use the cache drive, in fears of its impending doom. Although i will say, it is failing quite gracefully in that its working a'ok at the moment (I know, I know, famous last words).

The drive does seem to be working fine -- but with a growing reallocated sector count it's clearly got at least one area where the platter has deteriorated.  I'd replace the drive; reformat it; and use it to store some of your backups.

Archived