Array Disappears from Network

Hey Guys, Haven't been on here much because as you know when your unRaid works you tend to forget about it.

My array is built in a gutted Mac Pro Tower and sits quietly on the floor in my office. Everything has been fine until about three days ago.

A few beginning notes:\

HP motherboard

4GB Ram

AMD CPU

Gigabit on board NIC

7 Drives (1 Parity / 1 Cache / 5 Data)

Only running Dynamix, Plex and APC addons

I logged onto my Living room Mac Mini and didn't see my shares on the desktop that I have a script that auto-mounts them. I opened Finder and the server is not listed in my shared column on the left. I went into my office and the array is still running. Tried to Telnet to it with no luck. Reset my router and switches with no luck. Opened up the case and the NIC port is green and blinking. Link and Activity. Tried to PING with no luck.

I did a hard power down (Don't fuss - don't know another method). Booted up the server and in a minute or so. My shares popped up on the desktop and I was able to access the GUI.

Watched a movie, played with some photos and the new Mac Photos App, Copied some files over. Went to sleep and work the next day, come home to same scenario.

This time around, I got the system back up in the same method and started a transfer of some files, and about an hour later had a file transfer error dialog, and again completely gone. Went walk and look at the server, NIC card blinking away.

Now, my question, where should I look first, Network, Software, Hardware?

I was thinking of throwing in a PCI network card and disabling the onboard one to see if that helps. If, I can't access it after this occurs, how can I retrive the log. Would the latest log entries be on the flash drive.

If I come home to the same scenario today, I will hook up a monitor and keybard and poke around to see if it is actually active. But not really sure what to look for. I know some commands but I haven't done much unRaid stuff from that end.

Thanks for any help. 

First thing, read the first post in this thread:

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=9880.0

Next, since you are able to connect via a monitor, you can logon to the server as the root user ('root') using the password that you normally use for the GUI.

You can then run the commands in the post.  After your server has run for a few hours, capture a syslog and attach it to a reply.  Since you having access problems, I would also try logging on via a telnet session and set up the 'tail' command sequence to provide trouble shooting information after the system stops responding.  Even if the server server stops responding the information will be on your computer screen where you can copy and paste it.  The alternative is take a photo of the direct-connected monitor, but that can be difficult to read in some cases.

I seem to recall that you can force a graceful powerdown by typing the command 'powerdown' while logged in.  That way, you won't have to do a brute force powerdown.  (By the way, if you are not having a parity check start when you reboot the server, you probably have the user supported powerdown utility loaded which traps the power switch to start a graceful power down sequence.

Update. I went ahead and took the plunge and bought a new motherboard and processor. I should have done this a long time ago. I purchased an ASrock X97 extreme4 and an Intel CPU.

I hooked everything up and from the looks of it everything is working. But there is no network connection. What's weird is I can update the UEFI over the network and Internet. It seems as though it's just the unRaid OS that can't get on the network.

Should I copy over virgin network config file. Or is there something I'm blatantly missing.

I did some searches for ASRock and network but didn't find the same issue yet.