Size on Cache Disk over actual disk size?

This is probably a stupid question but I have never seen this before. My plex config folder on my cache drive (256gb ssd) reads this:

Size: 111 GB (119,263,560,021 bytes)

Size on Disk: 409 GB (439,726,068,736 bytes)

Contains: 373,990 Files, 258,014 Folders

obviously it isn't 409 since my drive isn't that big, but wasn't sure what was going on and since my plex has been acting up the last few days i noticed it.

This is probably a stupid question but I have never seen this before. My plex config folder on my cache drive (256gb ssd) reads this:

Size: 105gb

Size on Disk: 310gb

obviously it isn't 310 since my drive isn't that big, but wasn't sure what was going on and since my plex has been acting up the last few days i noticed it.

Where exactly are you seeing these numbers?

Size: 105gb

Size on Disk: 310gb

obviously it isn't 310 since my drive isn't that big, but wasn't sure what was going on and since my plex has been acting up the last few days i noticed it.

Where exactly are you seeing these numbers?

windows network browsing (properties on the folder)... updated OP with final results

wicked,

I recently went through somewhat the same thing, I can't say that using windows network browsing (properties on the folder) gave me more than my actual disk size, but it did add up to filling the cache completely up. Which was not reflected properly in the Unraid UI.

My culprit was the plex preview thumbnails. I recently had my cache drive die and did a full rebuild of about 7TB of media with the preview thumbnails enabled. This took up all the empty space on the SSD(500GB) rendering the server pretty much useless.

I am not that savy with this stuff so I decided to just remove plex and all its files completely and start fresh without enabling the preview thumbnails and was successful.

I hope this helps

wicked,

I recently went through somewhat the same thing, I can't say that using windows network browsing (properties on the folder) gave me more than my actual disk size, but it did add up to filling the cache completely up. Which was not reflected properly in the Unraid UI.

My culprit was the plex preview thumbnails. I recently had my cache drive die and did a full rebuild of about 7TB of media with the preview thumbnails enabled. This took up all the empty space on the SSD(500GB) rendering the server pretty much useless.

I am not that savy with this stuff so I decided to just remove plex and all its files completely and start fresh without enabling the preview thumbnails and was successful.

I hope this helps

This was my issue as well. Someone at the Plex Forums pointed me to this to fix it:

https://forums.plex.tv/index.php/topic/74712-how-to-remove-indexes-properly/