VM not to be NAT?

ziggie216

Excuse me if I'm using the wrong terminologies. I see my VM is picking up an IP address of 192.168.122.x, but my unRaid server address is 10.0.1.x. Is the VM NAT'd? I'm trying to setup a VM that can be access from my other system as if it is on the same 10.0.1.x network. Can someone provide me some guidance on this?

Excuse me if I'm using the wrong terminologies. I see my VM is picking up an IP address of 192.168.122.x, but my unRaid server address is 10.0.1.x. Is the VM NAT'd? I'm trying to setup a VM that can be access from my other system as if it is on the same 10.0.1.x network. Can someone provide me some guidance on this?

I'm not sure why they chose that but it's caused some confusion. Create a bridge under unRAID network settings e.g. br0 then use that bridge in your vm's instead of virbr0.

Your VM is using the virbr0 bridge, this is NAT'd address managed by libvirt

If I understand how this should work, this is what you need to do:

Go to setting on your unraid, make sure bridge is enabled, and note the name of the bridge.

Now go hit the edit button on your VM, toggle the advanced view, and make sure the network bridge is set to the same name as the one in the unraid settings. This should allow the VM to get an ip from your router just like any other machine on the network.

Archived