Noob question - Unraid drive compatibility Linux

anixon604

Just a quick question. Want to try moving my home server needs to Ubuntu for a bit. Currently on unraid 6 with just one drive. I noticed it's XFS. If I install Ubuntu on a USB key and leave that single storage drive in will it show up and work out of the box with the Ubuntu. Or do I have to do any prep etc?

Just curious because I don't have any extra drives to do a format etc. All my data is on there.

Thanks

Just a quick question. Want to try moving my home server needs to Ubuntu for a bit. Currently on unraid 6 with just one drive. I noticed it's XFS. If I install Ubuntu on a USB key and leave that single storage drive in will it show up and work out of the box with the Ubuntu. Or do I have to do any prep etc?

Just curious because I don't have any extra drives to do a format etc. All my data is on there.

I should just work I would think (not tried it myself so am not certain) as Ubuntu supports XFS.

You mention only having one drive in your unRAID system - does that mean no parity drive?  Just asking as using a data drive outside unRAID would normally invalidate parity.

I should just work I would think (not tried it myself so am not certain) as Ubuntu supports XFS.

You mention only having one drive in your unRAID system - does that mean no parity drive?  Just asking as using a data drive outside unRAID would normally invalidate parity.

Yes, that's correct. I have no parity drive just a single drive. I don't have anything critical was more just using unraid as a home media server and time machine backup as it was simple to use. Thanks for the help.

Archived