Using unraid to create VPN connections

Kode

Not sure if this is possible, so thought I would post here to see if it is.

Basically I wouldn't necessarily want the unraid server to connect to a VPN itself all the time, but if that was the only way possible that would be acceptable, but what I would really like would be something so I could point devices on my network to use 192.168.0.20 (the unraid server) as the default gateway, and then put any of those clients connecting through a VPN.

The problem is things like my windows laptop I can just install the windows VyprVPN client, but you can't do that with the Amazon Fire TV, and it would be nice to be able to route the unraid server through VPN if I wanted.

The other thing I would be interested in is I have a second ethernet port, so would it be possible to plug that in, get another IP address on that, get say a docker running on that IP that I could route the things I want to go out over VPN on to.

Any thoughts?

Ok, I have enabled VMs

I left all the defaults as they were.

I've gone to the pfsense site to download it, do I need:

Architechture: AMD64 (64bit)

Platform: Live CD with Installer (on USB stick)?

Console: VGA/Serial?

I would download the latest stable - AMD64 - Live CD with Installer. FYI, if you have never played much with router settings or dd-WRT, pfSense may be a bit much to take in. I would start slow and do one step at a time, ie.

1. setup pfSense as a regular router (Make sure its working)

2. Then connect a WIFI router and setup to router in "Access Point" mode to broadcast pfSense's network (Make sure its working for a few days)

3. Then mess with VPN stuff after that

Also, I would highly recommend testing this on a spare old PC if you have one with at least 2 network ports. Trying to mess with pfSense as a VM while learning how to use pfSense may cause you to throw a brick at your monitor...

Also, I would highly recommend testing this on a spare old PC if you have one with at least 2 network ports. Trying to mess with pfSense as a VM while learning how to use pfSense may cause you to throw a brick at your monitor...

Yeah, I'm already at that stage, lol.

Unfortunately I don't have a spare PC, I'll just have to put this down as a "not going to happen any time soon" project, maybe when we aren't in the middle of preparing for a wedding, chasing a 2 year old and getting ready for a new arrival, lol.

Yeah, I'm already at that stage, lol.

Unfortunately I don't have a spare PC, I'll just have to put this down as a "not going to happen any time soon" project, maybe when we aren't in the middle of preparing for a wedding, chasing a 2 year old and getting ready for a new arrival, lol.

Probably for the best, having working internet is pretty much a MUST FREAKING HAVE OR I (she) KILL(s) SOMEONE while preparing for a wedding... and we know who that someone is!  ;D