Connection problems with a v5.05 build - Syslog attached

Hello! We have a few Unraid builds in our video post-production office and are having problems with one of them. Our office is a mix of Mac's and PC's, and the issues seem to be happening across all of them. The issue is when we are copying or reading large files from the server, the speed will slow dramatically at a point, and then we will lose the server connection altogether. Our other Unraid boxes are fine, it's just this one that's giving us problems.

We recently replaced a bad disk, but we were having problems before that.

I've never been able to read a syslog and make any sense out of it. I would really appreciate it if someone could take a look and let me know if there are any obvious issues.

Thanks so much!

syslog_Tower2.txt

You haven't really done a good job of defining the problem.  Loss of Connection???  Samba, GUI, Telnet or all of them.  What hardware are you running?  Particularly the Network part.

Have you run a 24 hour memtest on the server?  It is an option on bootup.

Checked (or changed out) the network cables between this server and the switch/router?

Change ports on the switch?

Rebooted the Network components (Switches, routers, ect.)? 

How often is it happening? 

How long does it take to start to appear?

You have to realize that this is not a common problem.  (In fact, as you have described it thus far, I have never seen another posting with a similar issue!)  Best guess at this point is that it is hardware related. 

Archived