Newegg.ca shipping

Blade

I live in Canada and I ordered from neweg.ca

I noticed that they shipped the item UPS from the US. Now UPS can be a nightmare with brokerage fees and I would hate to have to send the item back to newegg because of the brokerage fees.

Can someone who has ordered from newegg.ca in Canada please let me know if brokerage was charged. If it is then I will never order from newegg.ca again. I would have thought it would have shipped from Canada since I ordered from the Canada site.

Please someone let me know so I know what to expect when it arives this week.

Thx

I live in Canada and I ordered from neweg.ca

I noticed that they shipped the item UPS from the US. Now UPS can be a nightmare with brokerage fees and I would hate to have to send the item back to newegg because of the brokerage fees.

Can someone who has ordered from newegg.ca in Canada please let me know if brokerage was charged. If it is then I will never order from newegg.ca again. I would have thought it would have shipped from Canada since I ordered from the Canada site.

Please someone let me know so I know what to expect when it arives this week.

Thx

I live in Calgary and have ordered from newegg.ca a couple of times, all of which have been shipped by UPS (I just used their slowest option which appears to drive the package from one city to the next, where it changes trucks before being driven to the next...  and takes about 7 to 10 days on the road).  Anyway, all of my shipments have been cleared through without paying any duty or brokerage fees at the border.  If you look carefully at your invoice you will find an additional $1.00 charge to pre-pay the brokerage and you will also have been charged the GST by newegg - so there is nothing more for Canadian customs or the broker to collect.

This is MUCH better than a year ago when UPS was still charging a $35 brokerage fee to collect $1 of tax!

Regards,

Stephen

BTW:  tigerdirect.ca handles this a bit differently, but the end result is you still pay them the GST and you don't get any nasty brokerage fee surprises.

When I've ordered from monoprice.com I've always just gone with the postal system  option and that's worked well for me.

Archived