Problems with dockers overwriting config

jimsefton

I upgraded to v6 a few days ago and installed my usual programs via dockers (sabnzbd, sickbeard, plex and crashplan).

I have had problems with all of them apart from plex (so far). Here's what I have seen so far.

Sickbeard was working fine... I took my old config from my v5 setup (changed ownership) and it was running ok. In the morning it complained about a database error. I restarted the docker and it reverted to "factory settings", and the config and database were as they were when I first installed.

Sabnzbd was working fine. I tried to save settings for one of my news servers and it became unresponsive (it was also doing a download at the time, so not sure if that was related). I restarted the docker and that too has reverted the config files to out-the-box state.

Crashplan was working fine last night. This morning totally unresponsive. Restarted it and the log is repeatedly saying:

Did not find /usr/local/crashplan/bin/run.conf file.
Did not find /usr/local/crashplan/bin/run.conf file

I am on the one hand confused by why these things are failing, but also why they seem to get their config files overwritten. It's not happening on every restart of the docker. I ran a couple of restarts when it was all working fine, just to make sure.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Just tried to attach the diagnostics but the file is too large (plex seems v.busy in syslog), so I have uploaded it:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0w4bqreohgdb5tn/pootle-diagnostics-20150714-0739.zip?dl=0

where are you storing your docker config files?  cache drive share?  if yes - set to cache only share - otherwise mover will move the files into the array and become missing from the cache drive.....

Myk

Yes it is on the cache drive. I have always done this but in v5 the programs were in dot-prefix folders, which mover ignored, right? How do I make mover ignore my appdata folder?

Thanks for the quick reply :)

ok, figured out the cache only share... never knew about that! I added the share, but obviously the directory already exists... is that ok, will mover now ignore it?

Yes, but you will manually need to move any corresponding folder off the main array data disks back to the cache disk.

Cleanup done... one thing I have noticed is the docker IMG file is in the cache root. It looks like that is getting copied over by mover to the user share. Is there a safe way to move it into a better place (e.g. /mnt/cache/cache-only/)?

My guess is to disable docker, move the image file, then re-enable it with the new path, but I wanted to check so that nothing gets lost.

Thanks

Cleanup done... one thing I have noticed is the docker IMG file is in the cache root. It looks like that is getting copied over by mover to the user share. Is there a safe way to move it into a better place (e.g. /mnt/cache/cache-only/)?

My guess is to disable docker, move the image file, then re-enable it with the new path, but I wanted to check so that nothing gets lost.

Thanks

If it is at the root level of the cache drive then it should not be copied.  Only files inside folders should be copy candidates.

Archived