headphones annoys the crap out of me

I remembered why I stopped using headphones in the first place.  I was literally just playing with files I have, importing them into the db.  So, I used an artist I tagged last week with beets, I copied the album to a new folder for my test and told headphones to import.  Most was ok, but headphones tells me I have missing files.  Um, no, the files are there.  Unless I am missing something, I have no good option to fix this.  I am not able to re-scan as that does nothing.

The point is, if beets tagged the files/albums with musicbrainz IDs, how is headphones telling me the files are missing.  If headphones relying solely on file name or can it utilize local tags?  Regardless, it is super annoying and is one thing htat really pushes me away from it.  it took time to modify my beets config to the point I liked it, but I always had progress.  Headphones for me is close, but there are still key features that are missing.

ok, rant over.  Just wanted to complain about headphones annoyances.  as always, if I am wrong and someone can help, I  am all ears.

yeah, beets is solid and I have been working through various items that I was looking for.  I was trying headphones again because the gui aspect and that it has beets under the hood, but it totally mis-utilizes the ability of beets.

When I import an artist into headphones and end up with 5 new artists because it identifies the albums at random, then something is very wrong.  Especially when beets will import the exact same artist and get everything perfect.  I guess the only benefit headphones might have is to queue an album release or such.  Or maybe add the artist mark the album as wanted an then scan it in, but nobody will do that with a large library, so for now, its beets