Did a scan on the flash drive on my unRAID server.

niven

Hi guys i did a full scan on my unRAID server with Bitdefender 2014 Free edition.

I wanted just to check if there was any viruses etc on the system. ( i know its unlikely but just for piece of mind)

When i scanned the flash drive the AV detected infected files on the flash drive?! :o

The details report:

Files scanned 16871

Infected items detected 24

files known to be clean 7

Edit:

I took out the flash drive and backed up the files on my unRAID flash drive. Did a new scan and this time it didnt find anything? was this because the system was running?

I know the AV does this sometimes and doesn't read the files correct and treats them like they are infected.

But does anybody have seen something like this before?

Notice

When i booted up the system I checked the flash drive and there was created a new folder called; System Volum information. Inside there is a file named "IndexerVolumeGuid". What is this folder? and why did it get created?

Im concerned that bitdefender did something to the files it scanned which it thought were infected. I noticed for quick second in the popup bar that it fixed some files,...

Notice

When i booted up the system I checked the flash drive and there was created a new folder called; System Volum information. Inside there is a file named "IndexerVolumeGuid". What is this folder? and why did it get created?

That will have been created by Windows.  When plugged into Windows this folder and its files will be hidden, but when plugged into unRAID they are visible.

Thanks for the reply itimpi!

That will have been created by Windows.  When plugged into Windows this folder and its files will be hidden, but when plugged into unRAID they are visible.

ok that explains it! They got created when backed up my flash drive.

The thing is I'm not afraid that there are any viruses on my flash drive. It was a part of the scan. I did the scan on a fresh download of the unRAID zip file from http://lime-technology.com/ and it found infected files, so its safe to say that the infected reports are false positives reports.

The thing I'm afraid of is that it removed some of  files on the flashd drive, when it detected the flase positives.

Do unRAID prevent systemfiles from being deleted while its running? Or does it re-create missing files if the files arn't found? The System boots normally no error messages except from this

Failed to read /var/lib/nfs/state: Success 

any idea what this refers to? something about the network files systems?

I formatted the flash drive and reinstalled unRAID 6.0.1 And everything is working fine. Did it just in case the AV did something..