Correct way to add additional dependencies?

Firstly, apologies if this is covered elsewhere.

I'm at a bit of a loss regarding what to do when I want to add some dependencies to a docker container beyond what was defined in the docker file.

For example, I'm running smdion's beets docker. I would like to add this plugin https://github.com/jcazevedo/beets-rymgenre to my configuration, but it requires two dependencies from pip (lxml and requests) that are not in the docker file.

What is the best way to get these dependencies added? Do I somehow fork the docker repo on docker.com? Is there some way to add them with the container definition in the unRAID docker UI? If I try to install the dependencies by running "docker exec -it beets bash", will my changes persist when I restart the container?

Thanks for your advice.

Scott

if you want to fork a repo, fork the git repo.

that's one option open to you, the other is to make a pull request against the git repo

adding dependencies to a running container is not good, you'll lose them any time any changes are made to the container and there's no guarantee they'll even survive a reboot.