Antec 900 Case 89.99 shipped at NewEgg

heffe2001

If you're a e-Blast customer for newegg, check out todays' Hot 10 best sellers, they have the Antec 900 case for 89.99 shipped.  I ordered one for me to move my unraid box into today, and another Supermicro 5-in-3, for a total of 10 hot-swap bays, and the room for 5 more soon as I can get around to ordering another 5-in-3 :).

They also had the WD 640g's for 59.99, and the Kill A Watt meter for 19.99, so some pretty good deals in there..

Not sure if this will work for everyone, but the promo code for that case is  EMCLWNW24, it was the same on both my accounts, so it should be for everyone else as well...

I've not had any issues with mine, it's currently in a Antec 300 case, and it's fan is just a tad close to the memory on my board.  Makes it a tad difficult for cabling, but I know once the 900 comes in, that shouldn't be a problem anymore :D.  It's got a 90mm fan on the back, in a plastic housing.  The housing it's in comes loose in my existing case occasionally.  I'm pretty sure it's just because of the tight quarters tho..  My temps in that chassis top out at about 32 degrees (I have seen 'em as high as 35, but that was before I moved some cabling around for improved airflow...  We'll see if that holds out when I move to the new case next week.

The only real problem with these chassis on the Antec cases, the case has shelves/ears inside to hold the 5.25" drives, and you'll need to bend or dremel them out to fit them in (no indentations on the side of the drive chassis for those ears like some other cases).

Got mine today, and moved my system over into the new case (with the new 5-in-3), I'm currently checking parity at about 70m/sec.  Temps are lower than in the 300 case overall, with the 2 WD black drives being the hottest (34 degrees), everything else is less than 30 now.  Now I just need one more 5-in-3 and the machine will be full complete (minus drives of course).

Archived