We're Hiring! Full Stack Developer ×

Question about Network and USB-Network Adapter - How to put VM in...

akira62

Hello,

I am really happy, everything worked like aspected. Win 10 update runs through and the VM is fast and reliable.

The only thing that I do not like ist the fact, that the VM is not in the same Network as my other Systems. They have different IPs. That means that Plex and Steam - Streaming will not work probably because they can not found the Server / the other PC correctly. Means for Plex unnasessary Traffic. And also the only 10GBit connection is a little bit slow.

The second question was inspired by the Thread about a second Ethernet-Card is directly connected to the VM. Is something like this possible for a USB-Ethernet Adapter also? I aks because the Standardway to assign the USB-Adatper to the VM  in the Menu will no work, the VM did not recognize the card at all and only shows the RedHead VirtO Ethernet Card as available.

Thanks in advance for you help.

Hello,

I am really happy, everything worked like aspected. Win 10 update runs through and the VM is fast and reliable.

The only thing that I do not like ist the fact, that the VM is not in the same Network as my other Systems. They have different IPs. That means that Plex and Steam - Streaming will not work probably because they can not found the Server / the other PC correctly. Means for Plex unnasessary Traffic. And also the only 10GBit connection is a little bit slow.

If you go into Settings->Network then you can enable a bridge (default name of br0).

Once this has been done, in the VM settings set it to use br0 for the network (it is probably currently virtbr0 which is a NAT style bridge) and then it will be seen on the local LAN.

Archived