New install ethernet issue

nandrico

System info...

onboard lan Atheros AR8161L

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=c03635878

The system works for 20 sec then the network can no longer communicate.  I have tried different switches.  If I reboot system with a windows 10 drive the ethernet works fine.  Plug unraid in and it only works for a few sec after boot.

Initially it seemed to work long enough to register with a basic license.

If I just login in locally via root and attempt to ping the local router it works until I attempt to pull up the system via the browser from another machine.  Once I connect the local machine loses connection.  I tested it and allowed the local machine to ping for a few min.  Once the browser session is initiated the network stops working.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

I cannot see any network errors in that syslog.  It appears the network came up find on 192.168.1.60 and there is no subsequent errors shown in the syslog.

One slightly strange thing (although probably not related) is that device sdb, sdc, sdd and sde are all reporting "No medium found" errors.  Any idea what those devices might relate to?

At the point where the network appears to have failed what is the output of the 'ifconfig' command?    Also what happens if you try the command:

ping 192.168.1.1

Archived