Looking for ideas for using extra memory

Skraut

Running half a dozen docker containers on my box, things like Plex, Crashplan, BTSync, Hexo, Beets, NZBGet, Sonarr etc, I was running into a situation where when everything was up and running, and Plex was doing some transcoding, I sometimes would run out of memory.  99% iowait, and kswapd running, and free showing all the memory used, I decided to upgrade from the 4GB that was in the system.

Catching a sale at Newegg, I grabbed 16GB, for only 15 dollars more than 8GB would be.  Have everything up and running in the system, turned everything on, and it's using exactly 4.05 GB of memory.  I knew the 16 was overkill, but I figured the system might use some of that memory automatically for caching of objects or something.

Any thoughts on how to use that extra memory productively?  The Motherboard/CPU isn't capable of running virtualization, so I can't waste use it on a Windows VM or something.  I haven't found any settings in any of the configs in any of the apps to use the extra memory to improve performance, or cache more.  I guess I could use it as a ramdisk, but don't really have anything I would need to ramdisk, as I already have a cache drive in my system.

Yeah, the extra memory will probably never fully get used, but I was just curious if anyone had a practical use I hadn't thought about.