Can you see your user shares through PS3mediaserver

fireman

I have been running ps3mediaserver (PMS) for a couple of week now and I really love it. Along with unRaid and rTorrent, this is a really great combo. The only "problem" I am encountering at this time id the fact that PMS will no let me see my user shares when I'm looking at it on my PS3. I can see disk 1 and disk 2 but I cannot see the user share called "HD Movies". I have to go on disk 1 and see if my movie is ther and if not, I need to go to disk 2 to find it. That is really anoying, especially when my wife is looking for a movie or a TV show and she doesn't remember if it's on disk 1 or 2.

I've posted the question on the PMS forum as well but I was wondering if somebody here had the same experience and if and how it got solved.

Well it could be many things. I just recently had a problem with share not showing up. Unraid was not the problem.

Now when you browse from another computer (linux or windows) can you see the shares?

Do you have local browser master set to yes in unraid settings?

Now, my quick fix was putting in the names and addresses of all servers and shares that all my devices could possibly see in the host file.

Is your device configured to be on the same windows network as unraid and other computers? ie workgroup (normally the default)

Thanks for the response smino but I'm not sure you realise how PS3mediaserver works. The PS3 will not see samba shares. It is a function of PMS to present the shares to the PS3. I know it is mostly a PMS problem but since many unRaid users run this app, I was wondering if someone else has/had this problem and how they solved it.

Archived