FS: Helios 910 + three Icy Dock MB455SPF-B

Switched to a Norco 4224, so I have this guy to get rid of to create some $ and some room. You can see the diaper picture in the background - my kid takes up all the free space we have now ;-)

Anyway, in really great shape (there are a few scratches on one side, to be expected with the age) and I think that I have a few cables I can throw in with it as well if you have a RAID card (they weren't compatible with the Norco, so I had to upgrade).

Fine with PayPal, buyer pays shipping. Was thinking $300 (plus whatever shipping would be), which comes out to $85/Icy Dock and $45 for the case. I'm not quite at the point where I feel the need to break this up quite yet.

Also do have a spare unRAID key in reserve that I haven't used yet, which could go to this as well (if that's not against the forum rules - it wasn't bought in a two pack or anything like that).

Let me know if I'm crazy, feel free to send a PM or update this thread if you have questions on any of the items. I'm MN local, and can offer a discount if you want to pick up or have all the parts put together.

Edit: Had to remove some items that sold on eBay. I haven't posted the Case/Enclosures on it, but have placed on local Craigslist.

azzo3x5in3.jpg.92c6f293885180fae6b3d6204cc41931.jpg

00b0b_4BOJbKd8qOO_600x450.jpg.6f38c580387f45586b9b97ce59e20f60.jpg

00505_iXgqnS8j2Dh_600x450.jpg.83b6ede0078a83afe8e3283cda76ee89.jpg

Hmm, I keep vacillating on those. It's difficult for me to justify the cost, given that I need to upgrade the guts of the server. I have some Cooler Master 4 in 3 trays (no hot swap), and they have served me well. I'm probably going to hold out for a Norco, given that the cost of 3 trays adds up to nearly the same.

Version 6 has really turned my world upside down. Suddenly I'm getting ambitious thoughts of incorporating my gaming rig as a VM. And since that needs an upgrade as well, it seems a prime time to build a really high end machine.

So the convenience of hot swappable trays will probably have to drop down the "want" list for quite a while.

Yeah, if you can find a Norco from someone local, it's a nice case. 24 drives is insanely awesome.

It takes a LOT of room up, though - I didn't want to upgrade 15 drives in order to get more storage, which is why I went with it.

V6 is dope. Love it, and it has complete Wife Acceptance Factor, which is hard to skirt around (because everything is in a Docker now, I just reboot the failing image instead of the whole server when I need to re-jig items).

Let me know your thoughts. I may end up taking the docks out after all and just selling the case local instead. I'd probably still start w/the $85 each, as eBay has them for more than that selling. No offense is ever taken, and thanks for the quick feedback.

I got lazy and posted the Icy Docks to eBay after all. I figure I can give away the case.

If anyone is interested before they go, I've listed them for $100 + buyer pays shipping, I'll do $85 and include a breakout cable for each one, and buyer can pay shipping (their choice of carrier). I think NewEgg has new for $115 + $2 shipping, no cables.

Thanks! No worries if nobody has interest, but I figured I'd give a break here for anyone that did. PM or add to the thread :)