Win10Pro<->Unraid 6.1.6<->Crashplan 4.5

petebnas

Has anyone run into issues with the the above config (Crashplan installed on a Win10 machine running under the System Account, with a batch file run at logon that also runs under 'SYSTEM' to map a couple drives to unraid?).  I've been running this general config for a while, but just noticed by drive mappings are no longer seen by the Crashplan app... but I'm not exactly sure which update tipped the scale.

I've spent a few hours trying all sorts of combos...registry fix on AllowInsecureGuestAuth, local security policies around LAN MAnager auth level, making sure Unraid had my samba shares at Public.  I created users on unraid that matched the local username on my machine.  In all these combos, I might get lucky and map a drive, but then the unraid app still says 'Missing'...  I've been trying every little trick..but my original drive mapping script that's worked for ages, is getting these requests for username/password to connect.  But when I do get it to map with all these local creds (pc + unraid), it then doesn't seem like enough for the app (Also running under this ID) to work...

I love marrying a bunch of unsupported solutions together..heh...but thought there may be a ray of hope that someone out there is running Win10 and Crashplan with the latest patch levels...

Thanks,

Pete

I had this exact disappearing from CrashPlan issue on windows 8.1 multiple times... The final straw was a CP update that only recognized a single drive mounted this way.  Moved CP over to the CP docker and it has been running great since.  Note that the CP GUI docker updates tends to lag, so GUI access tends to break after each update for awhile - CP itself keeps working.  Some have an Ubuntu VM, passing the shares through as local drives, and installing CP onto that.  They seem to be very happy with that setup.  If you install Guacamole you can manage the VM via your webbroweser too.

Thanks - I'm contemplating that solution at the moment as well... just a bit hesitant to go that route, since I'm backing up data on my desktop, a couple 'off-NAS' drives that need fast access time, etc.  I feel like there has to be a solution or way to test what's happening a bit better, as I really don't want to invite additional OS's and processing onto the unraid box.

Won't the docker basically make the nas drive the '1 computer' in the crashplan subscription? 

Ok...I finally got this figured out.  It may be a combination of reading old posts and too many directions.

Anyways, straight from the crashplan site...

https://support.code42.com/CrashPlan/4/Backup/Backing_Up_A_Windows_Network_Drive

If you have Windows 10, you have to install Crashplan on the windows host as a user...not under the 'All Users' option, if you're running Crashplan v4.3 or later.  After I uninstalled Crashplan, made sure the program directories were all gone, reinstalled as a specific user...I then logged into my account settings to 'adopt' the old backup settings, and it kicked right in and was able to see the mapped drives.

I didn't have to monkey around with the login script mapping these in the background ... so we'll see how long this holds up.  But at least it's back on track now and not showing 'Missing' for the mapped drives

Pete