Gallifrey needs an upgrade!

It's finally time. Gallifrey - my Norco 4220, Supermicro C2SEA, Core 2 Quad Q8300, and 4GB of RAM - is creaking under the weight of Dockers a-plenty. I have a decent size bonus check coming my way at the end of January, so a significant portion is going on this little lot. With some advice that I'm on the right track, of course!

I'm keeping my case (unless I get more in that bonus than I'm thinking, in which case the 4224 it is!), and obviously all my drives, of which I have 20 4TB drives (including the parity drive) for a total of 76TB, plus a 480GB SSD cache drive. This upgrade is focused strictly on the horsepower of the system itself, and is probably just going to be a straight swap for the following. Does this look good?

Motherboard

Supermicro Extended ATX DDR4 LGA 2011 Motherboard X10DAI-O

Processor1

Intel Xeon Eight-Core E5-2660 2.2GHz

CPU Cooler2

Noctua i4 CPU Cooler for Intel Xeon

Memory3

Crucial 64GB Kit (16GBx4) DDR4 2133 (PC4-2133) DR x4 288-Pin Server Memory

[*]Probably going to start with 1 processor, then expand to 2 later and if necessary. The server gets heavy Plex usage, with local and remote users transcoding, especially in the evenings. It's not unusual currently for the server to become unresponsive when it gets too busy. I figure going from a passmark of 3000 and change to 11,000 and change (with 1 CPU) will be a pretty decent improvement!

[*]Question: Will this fit in a 4U server case like the 4220/4224? I want something relatively quiet, as the server shares my office, but want the cooling to be efficient. I'm running Noctua fans throughout the 4220 and love them, so sticking with a brand I know.

[*]Question: Is this good memory? I'm hazy on buffered vs unbuffered, registered, etc. I've also heard it's better to balance the memory across the channels on a multi-processor board, but I'm not sure that's a thing. Will 4x16GB sticks work, or should I be looking at 8X8GB?

I want this server to be decently future-proofed, and be able to handle whatever I throw at it. Thoughts? Questions? Comments? I'm all ears!

Looks like a great upgrade, I am jealous. From what I can remember, plex doesn't transcode for LAN users only remote users, so unless you have a ton of remote users, there shouldn't be too much demand on the CPU from plex.

Thanks! A lot of the time transcoding depends on the device accessing the content. Plex for iOS (of which I have a few devices locally in the family) will oftentimes play a transcoded file. So yeah, those transcoding streams soon add up!