MyMovies collection management unable to write to share

Medwynd

I know there are a few people using MyMovies.dk for their metadata, but the only post close to my issue was this one:

https://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=33737.0

I think I have unraid configured correctly.  I have a user with read/write access to a share. 

I am just using the collection management portion of MyMovies to grab covers and metadata.  In the collection manager you can choose Collection->External Server Credentials.  From there I set the credentials for the user I created in unraid.

Whenever I try to save metadata to the share I get the following error from the collection manager:

2016-01-01 23:42:08 . 71 - Common.SaveTitleNFO - File could not be created 'Access to the path '\\<server name>\Movies\SD\The Adventures of Indiana Jones\Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (1989)\Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (1989).nfo' is denied.', missing write access?.

Inside the collection manager I can associate a disc with a database entry and the open file window lets me create folders, rename, etc from inside of it.  So I am not exactly sure what doesn't have write access.

Any thoughts on things to try?

Don't really know how the application tries to login, but I think it may be that unRAID never makes it login because Windows and unRAID have already authenticated as another user which only has read access. You might try clearing the credentials in Control Panel Credential Manager and see if that will force authentication as the application user.

• 1 year later...
On 1/2/2016 at 11:04 PM, trurl said:

Don't really know how the application tries to login, but I think it may be that unRAID never makes it login because Windows and unRAID have already authenticated as another user which only has read access. You might try clearing the credentials in Control Panel Credential Manager and see if that will force authentication as the application user.

I had a very similar problem. I was breaking my head for hours. Thank you for the advice. Worked for me.

Archived