New VM Randomly powers off

I currently have two Windows 7 VM's running, one using Cores 6 and 7, one using cores 4 and 5. I am trying to create a new VM (tried this with both Windows 7 and 8.1)

I go an do the initial creation in unRaid. VM starts up, I start loading the 4 drivers from the virtio-win drive. Every time I then select the drive to install on, only one drive, the VM just turns off, every time. Twice one of my other VM's also turned off.

Any ideas what is going on? I have tried this VM with cores 2 and 3, 6 and 7, etc...

Not fixed, not really. Anyone have more than two Windows guest systems running? I got my third loaded, but the second one was off. If I try and run all three guests at once though, any one of the will random just turn off. In fact I actually had all three turn off at the last attempt.

Bloody weird. I have no clue what is going on. Could this be a RAM issue? I have 16GB in my system, and between the three guests, they would use about 14GB. With guest one and two running normally, when I check the stats it says 16GB of 16.3GB allocated. I assume a bunch is being used by dockers and Plex transcoding. So, are VM's randomly powering off because, I am out of memory?

I would think you could easily have a RAM issue if your VMs are configured to use 14GB in total out of 16GB installed. There is additional RAM used over the amount configured to be available inside the VM just to run a VM and that needs to be allowed for as well.  I would have thought that leaving something like 4GB free for other purposes is a good idea.  I regularly have 3 or 4 Windows VMs running, but I have plenty of RAM spare over the amount the VMs are configured to use.

It should be easy enough to test this out by reconfiguring each VM to have less RAM allocated.