[RESOLVED] Array will not stop, Cahe Dirs

pfp

I'm trying to stop my array but it will not unmount disks.  I'm nearly certain this is being caused by cache dirs and that i need to run the command cahe_dirs -q.  Problem is i don;t know where this file is located to run that command.  Any help please.  Also what do i need to do to make sure this doesn't happen?

Thank you

I'm trying to stop my array but it will not unmount disks.  I'm nearly certain this is being caused by cache dirs and that i need to run the command cahe_dirs -q.  Problem is i don;t know where this file is located to run that command.  Any help please.  Also what do i need to do to make sure this doesn't happen?

Thank you

Are you using the Dynamix cache dirs plugin?  If not, please do.  The cache_dirs script in the plugin has been updated for V6 and was modified to help this situation.

If you are using the plugin, cache_dirs can be stopped from the gui.

I found a blog post that mentioned this command:

fuser -mv /mnt/disk* /mnt/user/*

That helped me figure out what was holding the shutdown up and resolve the issue.  Looks like I owe cahe_dirs an apology as it was was not the culprit (but it did have a record to support the suspicion :))

It won't help you if the gui is not working.

Do you have the powerdown plugin installed?  If so then do a 'reboot' at the command line or press the power button quickly to initiate a shutdown.

Try 'killall find' on the command line.

If none of this works, you'll have to do a hard power down and let the parity check run.

One you get the gui back do the following:

- Verify that you have not manually installed cache_dirs in the go file.  If so remove it.

- Install powerdown plugin if not already.

- Install open files plugin.

- Go to the open files gui, click the 'Help' button and follow the instructions to troubleshoot what is not shutting down.