Buffer I/O error on device sdh errors, looking for advice on next step

Hello,

I am running 5.0.6 with 9 data drives, 1 parity drive and 1 cache drive.

Drive in question: Disk 7, /dev/sdh, referred to in the question below as 'bad'.

TL;DR;: I had a drive removed from the array after a failed parity check, ordered a new one, ran the smart report and think the bad drive is okay. What should I do next?

About a week ago, I had a power outage and my UPS didn't last as long as the power outage. After the power came back, I rebooted my server and initiated a parity check. During the parity check, there were some read errors (I did not capture the log), and the bad drive was pulled out of the array. I started the parity check before I went to bed and when I awoke, it had failed.

Not having used my unRaid server interactively in quite a while, I immediately ordered a new drive to have it on hand when I delved deeper into the problem.

The drive arrived yesterday and I hit the wiki's and faqs to determine the next steps.

1. I captured the syslog files before rebooting.

2. I rebooted.

3. I ran the short smartctl test and it passed.

I have attached the syslog for before the reboot and after the reboot and the smart report for the short test. The smartctl test is provided in full. I had to trim the syslogs to perceivably the most relevant parts due to file size.

I am looking for the best guidance moving forward.

I'm inclined, based on the wiki, the smart report and the post-reboot syslog to:

1. Re-enable the drive

2. Reconstruct it, based on the instructions here: http://lime-technology.com/wiki/index.php/Troubleshooting#Re-enable_the_drive

3. Shutdown the system.

4. Install new drive, pre-clear it, and wait for a failure when I need it.

Thank you for reading my post and for any assistance you can provide!

-Chris

syslog-before-reboot.snippet.txt

syslog-after-reboot.snippet.txt

smart.report.20160109-105210.dev.sdh.txt