Hard drive keeps getting Red X Help

Drazzilb

Do you have that drive operating in a freezer? It seems way too cold. It's not even registering 60 F (16 C). There is such a thing as having drives too cold to operate. There's an old discussion on these forums somewhere talking about ideal operating ranges.

However, you should upload at least the syslog (if not diagnostics) to see what exactly the error reported was.

From your drive's smart report:

194 Temperature_Celsius    0x0022  131  108  000    Old_age  Always      -      16

Either I'm missing something, but I'm not seeing anything that is showing up to cause that drive to be marked with a Red X, at least nothing from the current syslog which seems to be a little over 70 minutes after a server restart/reboot.

The only one that might be troublesome, but the value is so low that I dont think it would be an issue is a different drive. The WD WMC1T2985954 (sdc / disk3) drive has a UDMA CRC Error Count raw value of 1, but every other attribute looks perfect.

199 UDMA_CRC_Error_Count    0x0032  200  200  000    Old_age  Always      -      1

Archived