[Plug-in] Plugin Update Notifications Fix

Squid

Just a quick and dirty plugin to let unRaid notify you of plugin updates (which haven't worked for me at all during 6.1.8 -> and which is currently my biggest annoyance with 6.1.8 )

Contrary to the description in the plugin, this isn't a hot-fix per se, and doesn't modify any system files at all, but rather just adds a daily job to check for updates and send out the notifications.

If/when LT fixes plugin update notifications, then I'll pump out an update which will automatically uninstall this plugin.

Available on Community Applications (Plugins Section)

Once I see it was going to pump out an update to disable this plugin.  Although this plugin is completely separate from the built-in system and will not interfere with a ui upgrade at all.

In other words, once I decided to release publicly, rather than fixing the built in notification system for plugins, I wrote my own separately from the current system, so as to not interfere with any potential fix from LT for this.  Worst case once LT's solution is released is that you would get 2 notifications.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Squid locked this topic