ASP.NET webapplication deployment

vonfrank

Hi there

I want to deploy my ASP.NET webapplication (not big projects, just for fun and practice).. For my PHP pages i have an apache server running in a docker container, and a mysql server in another container. Is there a IIS docker kind? Or any other way to deploý ASP.NET web apps on unraid?

Or should i install a core version of windows server 2012 R2 with 35gb ssd, 1 core and 1gb ram? Thanks!

If you want the easy way, you could go with win server as a web-server yes. But if you want the best way, then I suggest you read up on "Asp.net Core 1.0" the new version of ASP.net (aka asp.net 5, aka asp.net vNext) that also runs on Docker. So if you have existing asp.net app then you would have to refactor to asp.net core 1.0.

After that you create a docker-image of your webapp, based on "asp.net core 1.0" image.

I didn't find any other way to run asp.net sited on unRaid, docker worked for me. I have a few sites running, and got rid of my windows web-server. Works like a charm.

If you want the easy way, you could go with win server as a web-server yes. But if you want the best way, then I suggest you read up on "Asp.net Core 1.0" the new version of ASP.net (aka asp.net 5, aka asp.net vNext) that also runs on Docker. So if you have existing asp.net app then you would have to refactor to asp.net core 1.0.

After that you create a docker-image of your webapp, based on "asp.net core 1.0" image.

I didn't find any other way to run asp.net sited on unRaid, docker worked for me. I have a few sites running, and got rid of my windows web-server. Works like a charm.

Neither of the projects i have finished now, are supposed to run on my unraid machine, so this is perfect! I have a look at asp.net core. What exactly is the difference?

Thanks!

And am i still able to develop core apps in my "old" visual studio enterprise 2015? :)

• 4 weeks later...