We're Hiring! Full Stack Developer ×

Slow VM

jhooper317

Hello,

I am using a trial to test VM performance before purchase. I am trying only one Windows 7 x64 Pro VM and it seems to perform ok after following all setup steps. The issue I am having is sluggish RDP video performance same with VNC. I have played with this on Hyper-V and VMWare and not had these same issues. Any ideas? This is kind of a deal breaker for me. I need the same performance I have had in other platforms. Thanks for the help.

Thanks

John

They are different hypervisors, so I wouldn't expect the same performance. I have an Esxi environment that I wouldn't duplicate on UnRaid and expect similar performance. I do however have a Windows 10 VM running on my second UnRaid server, it runs on its own dedicated SSD and I pass an Nvidia GTX 960 through to it for gaming and the performance is fantastic, it only uses two cores and 4GB of RAM. But as I said, I wouldn't move my Esxi environment over to UnRaid and expect it to run as well as it does under Esxi, they are different hypervisors targeting different markets and customers. There is no option for snapshots or much in the way of virtual networking in UnRaid's KVM hypervisor at the moment. You might want to wait for the release of UnRaid 6.2 which is supposed to have some updated features in its hypervisor.

Archived