Upgrading from v4.4 to v6: How to find my CPU specs

... what's the easiest way to find out the CPU specifications on the unRaid server?

The "grep --color lm /proc/cpuinfo"  command outlined in the link trurl provided above will confirm whether your CPU supports x64 instructions.

Another very simple way to do this is to just boot to the BIOS on your UnRAID server ... it will almost certainly show you the CPU make/model  (which you can easily Google for the detailed specs ... or just ask here if you'd prefer)

I'd like to upgrade my unRaid NAS to v6, but I'm running v4.4 as I built it over 12 years ago.

Given the age of your CPU, even if it's x64 capable you may want to move to v5 instead of v6.  v6 is a good bit more CPU-intensive than previous versions => you can change a few settings so it runs "okay" with an older single core CPU, but you likely won't want to run Dockers or VMs with it.

By the way, time does fly ... but it's unlikely you built this over 12 years ago.  UnRAID will be 10 years old tomorrow  :)

... what's the easiest way to find out the CPU specifications on the unRaid server?

The "grep --color lm /proc/cpuinfo"  command outlined in the link trurl provided above will confirm whether your CPU supports x64 instructions.

Another very simple way to do this is to just boot to the BIOS on your UnRAID server ... it will almost certainly show you the CPU make/model  (which you can easily Google for the detailed specs ... or just ask here if you'd prefer)

haha.  well thinking now I built it originally in 2007.

Unfortuantely I don't have a monitor to hookup to the server (it sits in a closet on it's own).

Any way to find out via telnet?

I'd like to upgrade my unRaid NAS to v6, but I'm running v4.4 as I built it over 12 years ago.

Given the age of your CPU, even if it's x64 capable you may want to move to v5 instead of v6.  v6 is a good bit more CPU-intensive than previous versions => you can change a few settings so it runs "okay" with an older single core CPU, but you likely won't want to run Dockers or VMs with it.

By the way, time does fly ... but it's unlikely you built this over 12 years ago.  UnRAID will be 10 years old tomorrow  :)

Unless the boot order gets changed by this process, the following will work:

=>  Prepare a new USB flash drive with v6  [Format it with a label "UNRAID"; copy all the v6 files to it; and run Makebootable.  (Do this with admin privileges)

=>  Shut down your server; then replace the current USB flash drive with the one you just made for v6 and boot the system.

=> Go to the Web GUI and click on "Info".    Then shut down and replace the original flash drive.

I think v6 will run fine on an E5200, so I'd just go to the latest version.  If you have some spare RAM you might want to bump the system up to 4GB, but it should upgrade okay with what you have, and you can always add that later.    Ditto any CPU upgrade => get the system up to v6 first and see if you think you need more "oomph" before bothering to do a swap.