Troubleshoot possible Kernel Panic

I think I might be having kernel panics in relation to my server randomly shutting off. I tried to search for the answer and found a good question

How can you actually diagnose an unRAID system, if syslog gets removed on a reboot?

I never saw an answer. How can I troubleshoot my system if I think I'm having kernel panics. System shuts off and when I start it up again the syslog is of course wiped.

Kernel panics don't typically shut the machine off.  Power problems could, and overheating, and possibly RAM issues or MCE's (machine check events, a serious hardware issue was detected).  You can install the Powerdown plugin, which will save the syslog in /boot/logs, but that won't help if it isn't a controlled shut down.  If possible and you know how to 'provoke' the crash/crisis, sitting at the console with a tail of the syslog running can sometimes provide clues.

Failing that, you can run Memtest, and check for overheating issues, and test/replace the PSU.  You might simplify your installation, disable all addons, try to isolate the conditions necessary for crashing.