We're Hiring! Full Stack Developer ×

Cannot reach web interface

I have loaded Unraid on a usb onto a dell PowerEdge R610. After following setup instructions I try to reach it at http://tower, http://tower:8080, 192.168.1.33, etc, etc. I cannot get it to connect to the web interface. I am able to ssh into it to reach the tower login, when I try the web interface it says "This site can’t be reached

192.168.1.33 refused to connect.

ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

"

Can anyone help? am I missing some plugin or something?

Can you access the GUI if you connect directly (like ethernet from your computer to your server)? I am hardly an expert, but that is what I would do just to make sure that the issue is with unRAID and not your network setup. I know when I set mine up I couldn't connect using http://tower but I could with my server's IP. I figure while you are waiting for people that know what they are talking about, that might be something to do. If nothing else, and assuming it is a network issue, you can do some setup while you wait for them as well.

Can you access the GUI if you connect directly (like ethernet from your computer to your server)? I am hardly an expert, but that is what I would do just to make sure that the issue is with unRAID and not your network setup. I know when I set mine up I couldn't connect using http://tower but I could with my server's IP. I figure while you are waiting for people that know what they are talking about, that might be something to do. If nothing else, and assuming it is a network issue, you can do some setup while you wait for them as well.

I know what your saying but I am able to ping the address. I am using IP so its not a DNS issue. I am logged in locally on the server so there is no "network" its not loading the local files, or there is an issue with the server\unraid default settings. 

Are you certain that the USB stick was formatted as FAT32?  If not then you can get these symptoms as the USB stick does not get correctly mounted, and therefore the command to start the GUI does not get executed.

A quick check is to go into a console/telnet/ssh session and do the command

ls /boot

This should show the files/folders that were extracted from the ZIP download and placed on the USB stick.  If it does not then the USB stick is not prepared correctly.

Are you certain that the USB stick was formatted as FAT32?  If not then you can get these symptoms as the USB stick does not get correctly mounted, and therefore the command to start the GUI does not get executed.

ls /boot

This should show the files/folders that were extracted from the ZIP download and placed on the USB stick.  If it does not then the USB stick is not prepared correctly.

By god I love you

ls /boot

By god I love you

*Holding Out for a Hero* begins to play

Thanks it fixed it. I spent like 10 hours trying to figure out what was wrong.

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I know this thread is old but I have the same issue.

I've booted into the latest stable release of unraid and through the local gui I'm unable to access the web ui.

From the hint above, I've opened terminal through the GUI and run the cmd ls /boot

The only thing I see is a folder called config/

I'm assuming this is wrong, but I don't know how to fix it.

The USB key was created using the Windows USB creator, and MakeBootable was run administratively.

Any help would be appreciated!

I tried 4 different USB sticks until I found one that worked. I was getting the "unable to find UNRAID volume" error in the bootup messages but it still was able to start the GUI. The drives that didn't work with UNRAID work with FreeNAS  with no issues so it seems there is an issue there.

• 4 years later...