Compatibility with Dell T-20

Hey guys,

Considering building an unRAID server using a Dell T-20. It says that the computer does not support RAID. Will this affect the compatibility of this OS? My understanding that it should work fine since unRAID isn't your traditional raid but wanted to confirm.

Thanks!

It seems to be a fairly standard but small and low power system.  unRAID doesn't use others RAID, so really doesn't care.  It doesn't have much expandability though, with only 4 SATA ports, 4 3.5" drive slots and 2 2.5".  It apparently has a PCIe slot, so you could add support for 2 more SATA ports.

It seems to be a fairly standard but small and low power system.  unRAID doesn't use others RAID, so really doesn't care.  It doesn't have much expandability though, with only 4 SATA ports, 4 3.5" drive slots and 2 2.5".  It apparently has a PCIe slot, so you could add support for 2 more SATA ports.

Thanks for the response. I've decided to spend a little more and go custom. Will be following up with more as unRAID has me intrigued. Is there an IRC chat room with a focus on unRAID?