Downloading subtitles

Eikelman

I have no idea if i'm in the right place for this but asking never hurts :P

I'm running a server on unRAID for a few weeks now and it works great! I have my TV shows and Movie setup and share the Users Share with FTP so my Raspberry Pi with Kodi (Jarvis) can see my collection. I download subtitles with Kodi and they work perfect when watching my media.

But here's the issue. Kodi doesn't seem to save the .srt file on my server. With my previous NAS (WD My Book Live) Kodi saved the .srt file in the same folder as the episode or movie.

Does unRAID prevent Kodi from writing in the User Share? Or does Kodi writes somewhere else in unRAID?

unRAID wouldn't prevent it, so it sounds like a configuration issue with Kodi.  I think you'll be more likely to get good answers if you post in the support thread for the Kodi plugin or Docker container you are using.

Thanks, i didn't change any setting so i'll look at them again. If i can't find it, i'll post on Kodi.

Not Kodi but Plex behavior is to put automatically downloaded subtitles found when adding titles to the library in the appdata folder somewhere (never tried to find them). All I know is they don't end up in the movie folder nor are they muxed into the mkv. When I add SRT file manually (not muxed) I have to put it in movie folder for Plex to find it.

Not Kodi but Plex behavior is to put automatically downloaded subtitles found when adding titles to the library in the appdata folder somewhere (never tried to find them). All I know is they don't end up in the movie folder nor are they muxed into the mkv. When I add SRT file manually (not muxed) I have to put it in movie folder for Plex to find it.

Maybe Kodi does the same. I'll check it out. Thanks

Archived