[Solved]Bridging network adapter to host

I've looked at the wiki multiple times and in this forum (and Google) though cannot find how I was able to bridge the VM's adapter to the host's. I've already tried the three bridges in settings with no luck as well as assigning a static IP. All I'm after is to get my VM on the 192.168.5.0/24 network instead of the 192.168.122.0/24 network it's currently on. All drivers have been installed. Thank you for any assistance and if there's an article I can read that explains this that'd also be helpful so I can go to that in the future if I ever forget.

Network:  192.168.5.0/24

Host IP:    192.168.5.10

Gateway:  192.168.5.254

VM:          192.168.122.232 (I want this to be 192.168.5.11)

I am completely new at this but had a similar problem and fixed it, so forgive me if you've already done all this:

under settings>network settings did you set  "Setup Bridge" to Yes? and if so, did you leave the default bridge name "br0" or change to something else? If you changed it, take note of the new name.

In your vm setup, did you use "br0" as your Network bridge or whatever it says the bridge name is under network settings?

When I ran my first install, I accidentally set the Network Bridge in VM creation to "vibr0" with isolates the vm from the rest of the network by assigning it an ip from the host out of the rest of the network's range. After changing it back to "br0" it takes it's ip address from the router like all the other devices on the network.

again, if you've already done this and it's all correct, then I've got nothing else to offer except my own problems with getting the vm to recognize the full speed of a bonded connection.

• Like 3

I am completely new at this but had a similar problem and fixed it, so forgive me if you've already done all this:

under settings>network settings did you set  "Setup Bridge" to Yes? and if so, did you leave the default bridge name "br0" or change to something else? If you changed it, take note of the new name.

In your vm setup, did you use "br0" as your Network bridge or whatever it says the bridge name is under network settings?

When I ran my first install, I accidentally set the Network Bridge in VM creation to "vibr0" with isolates the vm from the rest of the network by assigning it an ip from the host out of the rest of the network's range. After changing it back to "br0" it takes it's ip address from the router like all the other devices on the network.

again, if you've already done this and it's all correct, then I've got nothing else to offer except my own problems with getting the vm to recognize the full speed of a bonded connection.

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction as it allowed me to figure it out. Bridging was enabled however I created the VM when virbr0 was set as defualt. After setting br0 as the new default I didn't update the xml in my virtual machine, so it was still using the wrong adapter.