Privacy Permissions

Sorry if this question has already been asked. I'm not Linux savvy but have managed to build a successful Unraid rig thanks to the folks here.

Anyways, I was interested in creating a disk specifically for personal documents that I do not want anyone on my network to gain access to.

I was able to read a couple of past posts and create different shares (Movies, Music, TV Shows, Personal Documents) and users (admin, guest).

When I map the shares in Windows Explorer, the permissions work great. Guests have access to everything except personal documents. Those trying to access Personal Documents prompts a sign-in box.

The issue I am trying to figure out is that I can still log into my internet browser and access disk1 (which is my personal documents) through \\tower\disk1. I can also access disk1 if I map disk1 to a network drive in Windows Explorer.

Is there a way to configure this so that those two routes are also password protected?

Been a very long time since I used v5 (assuming you are since you posted in the v5 section), but you should be able to go to the Shares tab, then disk shares, and choose the permissions for the individual disks the same as a normal user share

Been a very long time since I used v5 (assuming you are since you posted in the v5 section), but you should be able to go to the Shares tab, then disk shares, and choose the permissions for the individual disks the same as a normal user share

In v5 the disk share settings are under Main --> Disk <number>

Only v6 has user and disk share settings grouped together.

I'ts been awhile...

I'm still running 4.5.6. I suppose I need to upgrade to 4.7 and then to 5.0 to access the features you guys are talking about?

If your hardware allows, I recommend to upgrade to v6. See here for FAQ and upgrade instructions.

And I would like to add more emphasis on that, and stress that you should skip all intermediate versions, and upgrade all the way to the current 6.1.9.  It's free.  Please see the Upgrading to UnRAID v6 guide for more info on the whole topic.