HTPC VMs to TVs in House

Hi All, question for those using VMs to host whatever HTPC software (I use openelec). Now that I have it working perfectly on my unraid server, I'm trying to figure out what is the best way to transmit IR and HDMI over about 50'. I've seen HDBaseT and HDMI Extenders, and can't really decide on a cost effective solution, so I'd be interested in hearing what the other folks are using. 4K support would be cool for futureproofing, but not necessary.

I've been eyeballing this from Monoprice: http://www.monoprice.com/product?c_id=109&cp_id=10110&cs_id=1011012&p_id=15521&seq=1&format=2

(PS: Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, mods feel free to move if need be)

Thanks!

Sparky

If (and that's a big IF) you have access to run new wires then the most cost effective way is to run an HDMI cable. I have a 100' HDMI cable going from my UnRAID server running OE to a TV and it works with no problem. I'm only using 1080 though, not 4k. I'm also using a cheap usb over cat5 converter to get the IR signal from the TV end to the server.

I looked into many HDBase-T solutions and they look great, but are very expensive compared to the other solutions.

I don't know why people spend alot of money on hdmi equipment to get an htpc on a TV.

Why not use a raspberry pi running openelec.  I have a raspberry pi in the front room and an android TV in bedroom. I have emby server running on unraid and use the emby plugging on kodi to easily sync my video library across multiple devices. A raspberry pi is very cheap and as of raspberry pi 3 has built in wifi. And if you want to move it from one room to another it's easy