Docker button disappears....

opentoe

Backed up my 6.1.9. Upgraded to 6.2. Noticed my docker tab is missing and none of my dockers are there. I use an unassigned drive to keep my appdata folder and most drop down selection start after /mnt. I don't want to turn my dockers switch off then back on, it will wipe out the *.img file then. For the most part everything seems to be working, just a lot of talk about appdata. I even think there are a couple more shares that had been added to the system.

Backup looks new

appdata looksa new (I use another appdata folder on an unassigned drive. /mnt/disks/files/appdata

domains was another one.

Just looking for my docker tab on the GUI because I do see the *.img file on my unassigned drive. Maybe it's late, but where I saw the appdata folder wrong, I changed it to the appropriate location on where it really is. O docker tab, I know you're hiding on me.

Fairly sure that throughout the RC series that docker hasn't worked with the image on an unassigned drive.  You'll have to move it to the cache drive.  (either copy it or just redo it).  Your appdata *should* be ok with 6.2 on an unassigned drive, but I can't recall helping anyone with that setup.

Fairly sure that throughout the RC series that docker hasn't worked with the image on an unassigned drive.  You'll have to move it to the cache drive.  (either copy it or just redo it).  Your appdata *should* be ok with 6.2 on an unassigned drive, but I can't recall helping anyone with that setup.

I don't use a cache drive. Or you are saying just call it a cache drive and never use it to move files with it but use it for my docker and possible VM's down the road? I don't want to re-do it, lots of dockers in there now, so I have to find out how to wake up my docker button or something so I can access via the GUI somehow. I'd rather downgrade and get my docker capability back, then install a cache drive and do whatever specifics unraid is requiring now then upgrade again so it works.

I don't use a cache drive. Or you are saying just call it a cache drive and never use it to move files with it but use it for my docker and possible VM's down the road? I don't want to re-do it, lots of dockers in there now, so I have to find out how to wake up my docker button or something so I can access via the GUI somehow. I'd rather downgrade and get my docker capability back, then install a cache drive and do whatever specifics unraid is requiring now then upgrade again so it works.

Sure.  That's the easy solution.  Use it as a cache drive, but set all your shares to not use the cache drive.  It'll wind up being the exact same as what you've already got.

I had the same issue as you. My .img file was on a an SSD that is mounted via unassigned drives and docker would no longer startup. Since I dont use a cache drive I moved it to one of my shares that only lives on 1 disk and that fixed the issue.

Side note.. Why does 6.2 no longer support unassigned disks being used to host the docker .img file?

I had the same issue as you. My .img file was on a an SSD that is mounted via unassigned drives and docker would no longer startup. Since I dont use a cache drive I moved it to one of my shares that only lives on 1 disk and that fixed the issue.

Side note.. Why does 6.2 no longer support unassigned disks being used to host the docker .img file?

Why set the SSD as the cache drive and all the shares to not use the cache.  Net result is the same, and you'll see a big performance jump instead of using disk1 as the location.

Sure.  That's the easy solution.  Use it as a cache drive, but set all your shares to not use the cache drive.  It'll wind up being the exact same as what you've already got.

Since I do not want to use a cache drive in my system the recommendation is to sacrifice an array disc and basically exclude it from the array to get my Dockers back in action? Right now my unassigned drive which is an SSD holds my docker IMG file, appdata, misc files no longer works with using assigned plugin? This is confirmed as a bug or it's just the way it is?

Thanks