price is too good 3 TB Drive

What am I missing with this drive?

https://www.amazon.com/Seagate-7200RPM-Cache-6-0Gb-Heavy-Duty/dp/B01K5XU966/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1475065426&sr=8-5&keywords=3TB+Seagate

3 TB Enterprise NAS drive for $79.  I would expect it to be a re-furb at that price, but it doesn't say that anywhere on the listing and I think they would have to disclose that.  I do see the 1 year warranty, but I can't believe that alone doubles the price.

EDIT

Interestingly enough, same model number at newegg is a Dell branded drive with a 3 yr warranty.  Same price: 

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA5AD4D15571&cm_re=ST33000650NS-DVR-_-9SIA5AD4D15571-_-Product

That's looking like a better deal now.  Anyone know anything about these?

I suspect the drives are fine, BUT have basically been bought in bulk from Seagate, who likely unloaded all of their stock for these drives.

Two things to note:

=>  Both Amazon and Newegg note that the warranty is provide "by the reseller" -- i.e. NOT Seagate.  This is a good indication that they were purchased in bulk from Seagate without any warranty (from Seagate).

=>  These are ES.2 drives -- excellent drives; but not their latest generation.  They have 667GB platters, so even with the 7200 rpm speed the transfer rate will be slower than modern 5400/5900 rpm NAS drives with 1TB (or larger) platter densities.  The access time will be very good, but the transfer rate will be limited by the relatively low-density platters.

I'd pass on them => if you want a 3TB drive, get a WD Red for $99, which it's frequently on sale for.

I suspect the drives are fine, BUT have basically been bought in bulk from Seagate, who likely unloaded all of their stock for these drives.

Two things to note:

=>  Both Amazon and Newegg note that the warranty is provide "by the reseller" -- i.e. NOT Seagate.  This is a good indication that they were purchased in bulk from Seagate without any warranty (from Seagate).

=>  These are ES.2 drives -- excellent drives; but not their latest generation.  They have 667GB platters, so even with the 7200 rpm speed the transfer rate will be slower than modern 5400/5900 rpm NAS drives with 1TB (or larger) platter densities.  The access time will be very good, but the transfer rate will be limited by the relatively low-density platters.

I'd pass on them => if you want a 3TB drive, get a WD Red for $99, which it's frequently on sale for.

Thanks for the advice, I did pass.  I'm not in dire need right now but it looked like a deal to get rid of some old drives.  Anyway, I moved on for another day.