asus p5gdc-v deluxe

I tried installing unraid on a p5gdc-v deluxe that I am not using and it gives a single "j" on the screen then hangs during boot. I am able to boot an asus p4p800 v from the flash drive so I don't think it's a flash drive issue. I have been mucking around with all the bios setting with no luck. Anyone know if this MB is compatible with unraid?

thanks,

-marc

I tried installing unraid on a p5gdc-v deluxe that I am not using and it gives a single "j" on the screen then hangs during boot. I am able to boot an asus p4p800 v from the flash drive so I don't think it's a flash drive issue. I have been mucking around with all the bios setting with no luck. Anyone know if this MB is compatible with unraid?

thanks,

-marc

it is a bios issue, as you suspected, but all is not lost, especially if you have another Linux system you can boot with to use its "fdisk' command. It is actually a bios issue with the geometry of your flash drive.

check out my thread.. http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=359.0 to see how I solved the same problem.

I got the exact same 'j' on Tom's specified intel motherboard with my 1 gig SanDisk flash drive, yet it booted the original 128meg flash drive he sold me just fine.  Exactly like you, I could boot my laptop with that same 1gig flash, but got a single "j" on the unRaid server. After setting the Cylinders/Sector/Heads geometry of the 1 Gig flash drive, using the advanced mode in Linux fdisk, I was able to boot it on the Intel motherboard... before I did that... best was a single "j"

Joe L.

• 2 months later...